JUMPSUIT FOR JOY


Jumpsuits are cool but can be tricky to pull off. My theory with fad garments is that you can either go for the 'look at me I'm outrageous' camp (crazy prints/textures or sugary sweet and kidlike) or the 'minimal and expensive looking' camp. I met Sophie (below) at the Whistles launch party a while back and took this picture on the night around the back of the store.



This black jersey jumpsuit is firmly in the classic camp and is utterly gorgeous with formal lapels, casual half mast turn-ups, massive pockets and short sleeves. I like how she opts for minimal makeup (sweep of eyeliner & black nail polish) and shiny black tresses to prevent over styling a wonderfully designed piece which really doesn't need much else. Making this outfit xmas party worthy requires nothing more than a pop of orange-red or plum lipstick.

1 comment: