90'S BASEMENT BAND BEAU


I was on my way home the other night when I saw this girl mooching outside Liverpool Barfly (now Masque). Obviously in Winter you see a massive array of all coats in all shapes and sizes so it was interesting to see something a bit different to what's predominantly on the high street right now (blazers, girlie frock coats, F-F and biker jackets). This brown leathery flight jacket was a random item she borrowed from the back of her gal pal's closet and it complemented her blond Courtney Love locks and kinda-ill-fitting-but-in-a-good-way '90's basement band' garb...



I like how she has worked in current pieces like the loose velvet slip (very now - look in Urban Outfitters they have loads of velvety bodycons and night-dresses in right now), tartan blokes shirt (which you can just see peeking out), DM's and the novelty tights. Although I am a loyal black opaque tights wearer I have been leaning towards something a bit different recently...I don't know if I could pull off these bold leopard print bad boys but I am rather a fan of black fishnets for a bit of 90's grunge...these are due for a comeback I think...and I don't know why but they are mega flattering (if a bit cold...)

No comments:

Post a Comment